Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cold Coffee??

Well, I am on day 3 of home school and it's going relatively smooth. The girls are all getting all of their assigned work done. I was worried that they wouldn't, but they have... Although Emma had homework last night because she was tired yesterday afternoon and wanted to do her History last night. But today, all the girls were finished their work by 230pm... wow! We even did a science experiment for Liz's Science Physical Science curriculum that was fairly successful. It involved a 9 volt battery (the square kind) 2 pieces of copper wire and a glass of water with baking soda dissolved in it. Liz put the wires in the water while they were connected to the battery and they started bubbling up. Watching the fascinated look on the faces of my young students was wonderful. Even Elie (2 yr old) thought it was cool. I took a few pictures of it for our yearly home school scrapbook, I would post them here if I could figure out how.

That reminds me, the title of this post is cold coffee. I drink 4 or 5 cups a day of coffee. I like my coffee to be somewhere between hot and really warm, call me crazy. Anyway, every time I have poured myself a fresh cup of java this week, I get called for help from another "student". So, I have not finished a cup of warm coffee this whole week. Not really a funny story, but hey this is non-fiction, it is hit or miss.

Now, I have to do the really important stuff of the day, answer the question that Elani just asked me, "what are we eating tonight dad?". Let me go look in the freezer, then the checkbook to see if we have money to eat out, then in the freezer again, then the wallet, etc....

well, I hope that I give a good impression of my experience the last few days. It really has been great.

5 comments:

melancholic smirk said...

Sounds like you're getting the hang of it, except for the cold coffee thing.

Why don't you try to use an insulated travel mug? OR, they sell little "mini burners" that you can put a cup of coffee on. We have one that we use for candles. They're around 5 bucks at the wal-marts.

The other option would be to learn to enjoy iced coffee.

What did y'all end up having for dinner? Don't leave us hangin. . .

Steven Wallace said...

we had fried chicken from the Bayou Bistro... I guess the wallet said OK. I may try the insulated travel mug, and if I use the top, that will cut down on spills as well.

melancholic smirk said...

If you don't have one, I'll bet your mom has a spare! She loves coffee as much as we do.

Steven Wallace said...

I have one. It's not in the best shape, but it works. A few weeks ago I dropped it while picking Emma up from one of her outings, anyway when I dropped it, the top cracked... the crack is mostly just cosmetic, functionally it is fine...

Mom probably has 10 of them. Maybe I will "acquire" 1 or 2 next time I am there.

In fact, I am brewing a pot right now... trying to stay awake for the men's beach volleyball...

melancholic smirk said...

Who watches volleyball?