Tuesday, September 16, 2008

back for more

Well, the home school, The Wallace Academy, or as the girls call it, The International House of Wallace, is back in full swing. I, the teacher, am having a difficult time getting my head back in the game after all of the hurricane hoopla. But I am feeling better about it as the days go on. Here is a picture of me grading one of Emma's Science tests. I have also been grading spelling tests, teaching multiple lessons on verbs, nouns, addition, subtraction, and exponents. It really is as exhausting as it sounds.

The kids are all happy to be getting back to a routine. Emma and Liz have decided that doing their school work in their room is a quieter atmosphere than the kitchen where they hear Elie whining the whole time they school. I, the teacher, am keeping a close eye on this situation, for I know that what looks like the best of intentions to be in a quiet learning environment can also turn into a little talking hideaway. And yes, there is a TV in that room that is supposed to be off during the day...

Elani is doing well too. she is enjoying doing her school work under my watchful eye. She is still a little bit defiant, but is getting better at following directions. we'll see how she does when the 2nd half of her curriculum comes in at the end of the week. Both Elani an I are looking forward to her new Math and Science books to come in as soon as possible.

We have not only restarted the schoolwork but have also begun swim team at the YMCA, soccer league, dance lessons and Catechism. So, we are now in full swing. Please pray that I can do all of the home school stuff as well as the extra curricular's and keep my sanity all at the same time.
I have also started my own personal reading for my Religious Studies Institute classes. So, late nights have been and will continue to be my routine.

No comments: