Sunday, November 16, 2008

scatter thoughts

Well, you might have noticed that I haven't posted anything in several days. My mind has been "scattered". It is not scattered in a way that I can't have rational thought, it's scattered in a way that it has been difficult to pick a topic to type about.

I can share that the home schooling is still going full speed ahead, but seemingly at half-speed most days. I am finding that with 3 girls in "school" and a 2 year old to boot that my best intentions often are put aside in order to keep the peace around here or put out the "fires" that seem to pop up on an hourly basis.

Remember the 9th grade Catechism class that I spoke about a month ago or so? well, that class has been giving me fits the last 2 sessions. That 9th grade age, 14 or 15, is a tough age. Their behavior has been more like that of a 7 or 8 year old. But I am not gonna let that get me down, I do enjoy teaching the catholic Catechism to the youth of our Parish. I just need to find a new way to present the information to this group of students in a way that will make them comfortable.

I also have a lot of studying and paper writing to do for my Religious Studies classes. I pray that the Lord gives me the strength to home school, study, write papers, and be the father my girls deserve and the husband that my wife deserves.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how much I love you? And how much I believe in you?